The Asian American Journalists Association’s Asia Chapter (AAJA-Asia) is looking for a freelancer web designer with graphic design capabilities who would be interested in collaborating, part-time, to an online magazine that will complement its annual New.Now.Next Media conference (N3Con 2020), from 1st July until 30th August 2020.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and test the magazine’s website page, within an existing WordPress website
- Create digital assets/graphics to complement articles published on the online magazine’s page.
- Provide technical support to ensure smooth running of the website
- Attend weekly meetings and support magazine team leading up to publication
- Experience with WordPress CMS for digital publication
- Graphic editing skills (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc.)
- Ability to create dynamic, interactive web experience is a plus
- Available from 1st July to 30th August 2020 for this project
This is a project-based, part-time paid job offer . Please contact Chloe Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & portfolio if you are interested.
The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) is a membership, nonprofit educational and professional organization with more than 1,500 members across the United States and Asia. It is committed to advance diversity in newsrooms and ensure fair and accurate coverage of communities of color.
AAJA’s Asia Chapter supports media professionals and students in the journalism industry who strive for diversity, inclusion and editorial excellence in the Asia Pacific region. Its annual New.Now.Next media conference (N3Con 2020), gathers leaders of the industry in Asia and the world to hold hands-on workshops and seminars that broadens horizons on the media industry at large, and provides professional development for members and leadership programming for journalists.