The Executive Leadership Program (ELP) is for any professional journalists interested in advancing their career and developing the skills to achieve their professional and personal goals. ELP is a challenging, practical and life changing experience.
This is not a business-as-usual program about how to become a better manager. It is a transformational experience program aimed at developing the next generation of diverse journalism leaders who can lead in uncertain times and build a sustainable future for journalism.
The program explores the responsibilities and challenges of a media workplace, how to lead in the changing landscape and how cultural values come into play. Experienced career coaches and senior news executives lead participants as they explore a variety of topics in a small, nurturing environment.
The trainings are highly-interactive and delve into timely discussions, such as:
- How do leadership styles across various cultures affect our work?
- Deconstructing corporate culture to inform paths to success and overcoming barriers.
- In what ways do my background and passion impact my work?
- How does digital media impact the industry and what is my role in it?
- How can I meaningfully contribute to the industry and my community?
- What lessons can be learned from established and emerging media markets?
Participants will also explore perspectives on and gain concrete approaches to:
- Diversity and culture in the workplace
- Leadership skills, styles, and opportunities
- Power, politics, and influence
- Professional and career goal setting
- Personal branding and confidence
- Negotiation tactics and applications
The 2023 ELP sessions will all be held virtually from May to July 2023, except for the opening sessions that will be offered as an hybrid event: participants will have the opportunity to attend them online or in person at AAJA-Asia’s annual convention – N3Con 2023 – in Singapore, on May 25-27. Attendance in person is warmly encouraged. ELP fellows will also enjoy a complimentary ticket to attend all N3Con 2023 sessions.
Participants are required to attend all live sessions. They are also responsible for having all the technology needed to attend a virtual conference, including a computer, webcam and strong internet connection.
2023 Live Sessions (all times are in HKT/SGT, GMT+8):
- May 25 (Thur) 3:00-5-00pm : Opening Session
- May 26 (Fri) 2:30-4:00pm : Session 1
- May 27 (Sat) 9:00-11:00am: Session 2
- June 10 (Sat) 9:00am-5:00pm : Session 3
- June 24 (Sat) 9:00am-5:00pm : Session 4
- July 8 (Sat) 9:00am-5:00pm : Session 5
- July 15 (Sat) 9:00am-5:00pm : Session 6
- July 29 (Sat) 9:00am-5:00pm : Closing Session
Please note that the above dates and program content may still vary.