Asia Society Hong Kong Center, opened in February 2012, is seeking a candidate to fill the Head of Communications position.
- Report to the Executive Director
- Manage and oversee marketing activities for the Center, including the development of promotional materials, paid media and corporate branding;
- Oversee the development of all marketing materials for the Center;
- Establish communication programs geared to specific interest groups; and
- Foster strategic business relationships with technical and business decision makers at targeted segments, including but not limited to members and non-members, corporate accounts.
Communications & Public Relations:
- Enhance the public awareness of the Center through formulation, development and implementation and effective communications and proactive PR strategies and plans;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with global and local media outlets and generate publicity, media interest in and media coverage of the Center’s events and activities;
- Oversee day-to-day press operations including fielding and answering media/press enquiries
- Evaluate all media and personal appearance requests of the Center staff and help develop interview
- briefing documents and talking points; and
- Institute measurement tools to gauge effectiveness of marketing and media relations efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline(s), a master’s degree would be an advantage;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with at least 5 years at managerial level;
- Proven track record in successful marketing and communications;
- Established connections in the local media;
- Strong pitching, writing, editing and have good journalistic instincts;
- Ability to work successfully with extremely diverse constituencies;
- A self-starter who is committed, forward thinking, pro-active, possesses strong problem-solving skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- A good team player with an eye for details, and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, writing and presentation in English and Chinese (Mandarin would be a plus);
- Flexibility regarding working schedule
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Chinese Word.
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties please apply with full resume stating date of availability and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org . All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not hearing from us within 2 months may consider their applications unsuccessful and all personal data supplied will be destroyed within 6 months.