The Hong Kong Human Rights Press Awards is looking for a coordinator. It is a paid, part-time contract position that runs from January to late April or early May. The project is co-organized by the Hong Kong Foreign Correspondents Club, Amnesty International (Hong Kong) and the Hong Kong Journalists Association. The job posting is here.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Fluent written Chinese and spoken Cantonese and / or Putonghua
- Education or job experience in one of these fields: journalism, media, rights or NGO work
- Ability to be highly organized and work independently
- Basic online skills — for example, updating a blog — are a plus
- Experience with fundraising is also a plus
- be the point person between the three organizing bodies, and take direction from various staff
- contact media to encourage them to submit their work
- coordinate meetings with our panel of judges
- do administrative and office work
- help organize an awards luncheon
- Hours would be flexible — some weeks will be busier than others, but you will be expected to organize your own time.
- You would work out of one of the organizing bodies’ offices, though some of the work can also be done at home.
To apply, send a cover letter and cv to the FCC at email@example.com, attention Ms. CHAN Hoi-lo. Please note “Rights Award Job Application” in the subject field.