The New York Times/International Herald Tribune Opinion section is looking for a Web producer for the Hong Kong bureau. The producer will work closely with other editors to ensure that the section is up to date, dynamic and visually arresting.
The candidate will be conscious of how articles, videos and interactives work across digital platforms and will generate and execute multimedia ideas. The ideal candidate will have 5-plus years’ experience with a major news site and enjoy working in a collaborative, competitive, fast-paced environment. This is a dayside position, but the candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Collaborating with editors and designers to update the Opinion section front of the Times’s global edition.
- Creating special packages and layouts for major projects and series.
- Selecting, cropping and toning photographs and illustrations.
- Writing lively and compelling summaries, page titles and captions in a manner that is consistent with Times style and SEO.
- Generating and executing innovative multimedia ideas
- Producing and proofing blog posts.
- Engaging with readers on social media platforms.
- Upholding quality control on all elements of the section.
- Helping formulate long- and short-term Web strategies and vision.
- Helping manage daily and large Web projects
- A strong, demonstrable passion for journalism in all forms, with a particular interest in global news, commentary and issues.
- Experience on a major newspaper or other news site.
- Experience with social media.
- Writing, editing and research proficiency, with at least 5 years’ daily news experience.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of NYT/IHT competitors around the world.
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency in Photoshop, HTML, CSS, blogging software and other applications.
- Ability in video and audio editing software.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable with change and willing to adapt to the constant flow of news
- Ability to suggest workflow improvements to increase efficiency.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
Applicants should contact Snigdha Koirala at email@example.com