The Asian American Journalists Association’s Asia Chapter (AAJA-Asia) will host key conversations to redefine journalism in Asia at the New.Now.Next Media Conference (N3Con 2023) 25-27 May in Singapore.
A journalist in Asia for more than 35 years, Noble Peace Prize Laureate Maria Ressa has endured political harassment and arrests, and been forced to post bail ten times to continue her work at Rappler in the Philippines. N3Con 2023 will host her for a keynote fireside chat about her latest book “How to Stand Up to a Dictator”. Ressa will also speak at a panel session about the weaponization of laws an regulations against freedom of speech in Asia.
N3Con 2023 brings together journalists and news professionals to discuss important media trends and workshop new skills. It will address key issues for the news industry today:
– Generative AI: A New Era for Journalism
– The Challenges of Covering US-China Relations
– Data Storytelling: How to Make Data Memorable and Inspiring
– How to Unleash the Power of Community-Led Journalism
– How to Cnduct Joint Investigations Projects
– How to Improve Reach and Accuracy With DEI
– How to Apply Solutions Journalism to Daily Reporting
– How to Fund Media Start-ups and Maintain their Objectivity
– How Media (Hacks) and PR (Flaks) can Work Better Together
– How to Effectively Negotiate your Salary
– What to Take Your Journalism Career to the Next Level
– What Journalists Need to Know About Social Media in 2023
– How to Build a Community of Freelance Journalists Across Asia
– How to Produce Short Video Verticals on YouTube to Attract Younger Audiences
Register now and join the conversation!
N3Con 2023 will offer a wide array of panel sessions, workshops and conversations, as well as opportunities to network with a diverse group of editors and reporters from local and international news media outlets.