AAJA Seoul is holding its subchapter elections in the coming weeks, and we’d love to see new faces. If you’ve ever wanted to get more involved with AAJA, this is a great way to do so!
Take a look at the positions below and see how you’d like to contribute. Terms for all positions will run for one year, starting Jan. 1, 2019. Positions can be filled by more than one member.
To run, please apply by Sunday, December 16 using this form.
The following positions are vacant:
- Communications director: handles subchapter announcements and sends out regular newsletters to members
- Membership director: manages membership campaigns, assists new members and follows up on membership renewal
- Social events director: arranges logistics for monthly social events
- Student outreach coordinator: liaisons with universities and student communities to connect them with AAJA Seoul
- Workshops director: organizes events to help members boost their journalism skills
- At-large: helps and directs as needed
The following positions have an incumbent running for reelection (in parentheses):
- Event photographer (Julie Yoon): shoots at events as needed
- Programming director (Simone Jeong): arranges logistics for panels, tea talks, and other events promoting discussion of local journalism issues
- Social media coordinator (Bryan Betts): manages AAJA Seoul’s SNS presence, including our Facebook Page and events
- Translation coordinator (YouKyung Lee): secures translators for events as needed
- Treasurer (Carina Lee): keeps track of the budget and coordinates payment logistics for events
The positions of co–Seoul VPs are filled by two-year terms on the Asia chapter board. The current terms expire at the end of 2019 (currently held by Brolley Genster and Mark Zastrow).
If you have any questions about running, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, find us at our holiday party on Sunday!