The Asian American Journalists Association’s Asia Chapter (AAJA-Asia)’s New.Now.Next Media Conference (N3Con 2023) 25-27 May in Singapore, will feature a series of sessions, workshops and 1:1 clinics to help APAC journalists to expand their network, upgrade their skills and strategize their next career steps.
N3Con 2023 will start on May 25 with a tour of Singapore’s leading news organizations. N3 delegates will get a glimpse into how The Straits Times, CNBC, Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg put out the news day by day and will get a chance to interact with their most senior editors.
On May 26, N3 will host the “Take your Career to the Next Level” session: participants will be grouped by seniority level and receive taylored career coaching by senior media executives. Individual, 1:1 career coaching will be available while Resumé Doctor, Portrait photoshooting and Mental health clinics will also be offered.
At the N3 Career Fair, talent recruiters and senior news executives will pitch their media brands and current openings, describe the profiles they are currently hiring and share tips to apply for a role at their company. Hear the latest market trends from representatives from Bloomberg, CNBC, OPIS, The New York Times, Thomson Reuters and WSJ… If you already have a new job in mind, attending the May 27 workshop on “How to Effectively Negotiate your Salary” might also be a good idea…
N3Con 2023 brings together journalists and news professionals to discuss important media trends and workshop new skills. It will address key issues for the news industry today:
– Generative AI: A New Era for Journalism
– The Challenges of Covering US-China Relations
– Data Storytelling: How to Make Data Memorable and Inspiring
– The Weaponization of Laws and Regulations against Press Freedom
– How to Unleash the Power of Community-Led Journalism
– How to Conduct Joint Investigations Projects
– How to Improve Reach and Accuracy With DEI
– How to Apply Solutions Journalism to Daily Reporting
– How to Fund Media Start-ups and Maintain their Objectivity
– How Media (Hacks) and PR (Flaks) can Work Better Together
– What Journalists Need to Know About Social Media in 2023
– How to produce Short Video Verticals on YouTube to Attract Younger Audiences
– How to Build a Community of Freelance Journalists Across Asia
Register now and join the conversation!