TIME Asia’s spring 2010 internships in Hong Kong will run for 13 weeks, from Monday March 1, 2010-Friday May 28, 2010. The deadline for applications is Friday December 4, 2009.
The Hong Kong headquarters of TIME’s Asian edition offers three-month internships throughout the year (spring, summer, fall, winter). Interns will see how TIME Asia’s editorial, design, photo and web departments work together to produce a premier news magazine and web site.
Magazine interns are responsible for fact-checking stories, researching specials and graphics, and helping out with Time.com. There is one position available per cycle.
Web interns work with the Time.com content management tool on a daily basis to produce and develop ideas for the site’s Asia and U.S. content. There is one position available per cycle.
Both magazine and web interns will also have opportunities to report and write short arts and travel pieces for the magazine as well as stories for our web site. Past interns have also produced multimedia features for the web.
Compensation: Interns are paid a stipend of roughly $1000 USD per month.
1. We do not take undergraduate students. We will only consider those who have already completed their bachelor’s degrees. Many of our interns have completed journalism graduate programs, though this is not a requirement.
2. Internship experience at other major English news organizations and/or bylined print or multimedia clips in major English news publications or web sites.
3. Demonstrated interest in Asia and fluency in an Asian language is an advantage.
Application: Interested candidates should email the following materials to email@example.com:
– Cover letter (maximum one page, specifying web or magazine internship)
– CV (one page)
– Clips (up to five recently-published, low-resolution PDFs or web link clips)
Dates & Deadline: The TIME Asia spring 2010 internships will run for 13 weeks, from Monday March 1, 2010-Friday May 28, 2010. The deadline for applications is Friday December 4, 2009.
For more information, please contact:
Ling Woo Liu