AAJA-Asia is looking to add new trainers to its network. Here’s an opportunity for you become a certified digital tools trainer and help elevate the skills of journalists across the region!
Participants selected to take part in the program will have the opportunity to attend an exclusive series of online train-the-trainers sessions that will certify them to lead workshops on online tools (including Google tools) for reporting. Two modules are opened for certification: Digital Tools and Fact-Checking & Source Verification.
If you are a journalist, editors or active freelancer currently working in Asia, do not miss this unique opportunity to acquire new skills, expand your network and give back to the community!
This is the schedule for the next online certifying sessions:
- 12 January 2023, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm HKT/SGT: ToT Session 1
- 16 January 2023, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm HKT/SGT: ToT Session 2
- 18 January 2023, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm HKT/SGT: ToT Session 3
HOW TO APPLY?
- This program is open to any journalist working in Asia with at least 5 years experience in journalism.
- Applications are opened until 31 December, 2022, 11:59 pm HKT
- All applicants must be physically located in the Asia Pacific region.
- This program is for AAJA members only. All applicants must be active AAJA members by the time the first train-the-trainer session starts (check how to join here).
- Successful applicants will be compensated for their preparation and teaching time when they deliver training workshops to the AAJA-Asia Network.
- By applying to the program, applicants commit to deliver a minimum of 2 workshops to the Network in the twelve months following their certification, should the need for such a training arise.
- Attendance to all the ToT online sessions in full is compulsory for certification.
- All train-the-trainer sessions will take place in English.
- Successful applicants will be informed by email by January 8, 2023
TO APPLY, PLEASE REGISTER HERE
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.