AAJA’s Executive Leadership Program (ELP) is dedicated to developing the next generation of journalists who can lead in uncertain times and build a sustainable future for journalism.
In today’s changing media landscape, it is vital that leaders are equipped for addressing the responsibilities and challenges of serving our increasingly diverse and cross-cultural world.
The program has an impressive 20+ year track record, committed to journalistic excellence and leadership training. ELP provides targeted professional development to diverse, high-potential, ambitious, and community-minded professionals. The program delivers more strategic, agile, confident and diversity conscious leaders.
ELP has trained more than 500 media professionals to date, successfully fostering a pipeline of savvy industry leaders — many at major media companies — and providing graduates with access to a robust, life-long, and supportive alumni network.
Additionally, ELP offers continuing learning opportunities year-round (online and in-person), including: alumni programming, mentorship, workshops, and networking events.
ELP Asia consists of 10 key components:
|Diversity & Culture||Developing a Negotiation Style|
|Communication Styles||SMART Goals|
|Power & Influence||Case Studies|
|Introspective Leadership||Candid Conversations|
|Work-Life Balance||Mentorship Lunch|
For questions, email K. Oanh Ha at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELP 2019 ASIA SEMINAR
The ELP 2019 Asia Seminar took place from Nov. 25-28, 2019 in Hong Kong.
The ELP 2019 Seminar is designed to deliver high impact in four intensive days, in a small group setting. Professional career coaches and industry executives facilitate the program’s robust curriculum. Key program benefits include:
- Four days of intensive training
- Connecting with industry peers and leaders
- Career coaching and mentorship: small group pairing with a senior news leader at a major media company.
The trainings are highly interactive and have participants engaged in timely discussions, such as:
- How do leadership styles across various cultures affect our work?
- Deconstructing corporate culture to inform paths to success and overcoming barriers. In what ways does my background and passion impact my work?
- How does digital media impact the industry and what is my role in it?
- How can I meaningfully contribute to the industry and my community?
- What lessons can be learned from established and emerging media markets?
Specifically, participants explore perspectives and gain concrete approaches on:
- Diversity and culture in the workplace
- Leadership skills, styles, and opportunities
- Power, politics, and influence
- Professional and career goal setting
- Personal branding and confidence
- Negotiation tactics and applications
Individuals with at least four to seven years of experience are encouraged to apply. Space is limited and applications are reviewed on a rotating basis until filled.